(Sioux Falls, SD, January 25, 2021) – EmBe’s renovation will bring facilities into alignment with community needs identified in our recently adopted 2021-2024 strategic plan.
“EmBe is building on our 100-year legacy of serving women and families in the community. The time is right for EmBe to invest our resources in this project. The form has followed the function, and we have the opportunity to align our historic 1951 facility with 21st century priories and needs,” said Anne Rieck McFarland, EmBe Interim CEO. “EmBe has transformed many thousands of lives right here in the heart of downtown Sioux Falls. This project supports the EmBe vision of transforming lives by supporting success at work, at home and in life.”
The main goals of the project are to:
- Upgrade preschool experience & expand KinderCollege specialty preschool at the downtown location
- Renovate infant & toddler childcare spaces
- Relocate and elevate women’s programming, including Dress for Success Sioux Falls, to the Downtown location
- Provide needed programming space for youth development programs including FIRST LEGO League and Girls on the Run
- Update locker rooms to enhance the aquatics program and memberships
- Build out staff training and conference space, along with office space
EmBe has selected Fiegen Construction to complete the project, which will be done in phases in order to prevent the need to shut down any programming during construction.
Completion of the work is expected in 2021.