Let Me Run
We need men and women, interested in mentoring and being a positive influence in the lives of young boys, to be a part LMR in Sioux Falls.
- The LMR program is for 4th and 5th grade boys
- Training Required
- The program runs for 7 weeks after school for 1.25 hours, 2 days per week; the season culminates with a 5k race
Girls on the Run and Heart & Sole
- We are looking for women interested in a volunteer opportunity that helps to build confidence in young girls!
- Girls on the Run (3rd – 5th grade girls) and Heart & Sole (6th – 8th grade girls) combines training for a 5K walk-run with lessons, games and workouts
- Focuses on educating and preparing girls for a lifetime of self-respect and healthy living
- After school program twice a week for 1.25 hours
- 10 Week seasons – Fall and Spring
- Once or twice a week coaching options
- Locations in Sioux Falls & surrounding area schools
- Training Required
- You don’t have to be a runner to be a coach!
- Women 18 & older welcome
We are looking for men and women interested in a volunteer coaching opportunity that helps to build skills, enthusiasm, and teamwork in 3rd through 6th grade school girls.
- Focus is on building self-esteem, sportsmanship, team building, improve physical condition, increase agility, hand-eye coordination, and improve reflexes.
- We have two 10-week seasons – Fall and Winter. Pick one season to coach or both seasons.
- Practice is held one night per week and one game on Saturday.
- Training is provided.
FIRST LEGO League
FIRST LEGO League relies on volunteers to help run our tournaments. Door Keeper, Timer, Robot Game Assistant, Judges Assistant, Robot Game Referee and Project, Robot Design or Core Values Judge. Referees and judges require pre-tournament training.
EmBe needs knowledgeable experts for the following committees:
- Program Committee
- Development Committee
- Finance Committee
- Mentors for Women’s Leadership Program
- Marketing Committee
Dress for Success Sioux Falls
Speakers & Presenters – Needed on a variety of career- related topics for both our Going Places Network and Professional Women’s Group.
Career Coach – Help women improve their resumes, interviewing skills, and job-search process.
Client Coach – Help women find a suit and the confidence that makes them shine and increases their chances of getting a job.
Inventory Maintenance – Sort through donations, stock and organize our boutiques and ensure that our women have the best professional attire to choose from.
EmBe holds special events each year as fundraising, awareness raising, and to promote and celebrate women and families throughout the Sioux Falls area. We would welcome your help and expertise at our events, serving on a committee, helping plan an event or a portion of an event, preparation and/or set up for an event, help on-site at the event or in other ways that your time and talents allow! Events include: EmBe 5K – a community run/walk, Spinsters – an all-city high school dance, In Her Shoes – a fundraising breakfast, and Tribute to Women, our annual awards program.
Swim lesson aid – assist swim instructor in the water with swim lessons. You do not have to be WSI certified to be an aid; just enjoy working with children. This is also great experience for someone that is working toward their WSI certification to shadow other instructors.
EmBe offers a variety of non-paid internships. Click below to see what is available.
Each year, over 1500 hours of supervised staffing have been arranged to help college and high school students complete community service commitments at EmBe. Teenagers and college age students come to the EmBe for altruistic reasons, for a church or SALSA project, for confirmation or class credit or the purpose of gaining experience.
All childcare volunteer applicants, ages 18 and older, must agree to a criminal background check and be fingerprinted according to state law and EmBe policy.