Position Title: Inventors (4s) Assistant Teacher
Reports to: Childcare Site Manager
Summary: The assistant teacher is responsible for assisting the lead teacher in educating children, age 4, about fundamental concepts such as social and emotional skills, skills for pre-kindergarten readiness, and more as per developmental assessment. The assistant teacher will participate in story time, arts and crafts, and many other activities.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Ensure EmBe brand, mission, vision, and values that are reflected in all interactions
- Demonstrate and reinforce professionalism, appropriate language, take responsibility for actions, and mentor positive behaviors to all throughout the center
- Assist in implementing the curriculum/lessons plans developed by the lead teacher
- Assist in supporting children to develop self-regulation, emotional, and support skills
- Assist in the creation of a stimulating learning environment
- Assist the lead teacher with assessing a child’s development with age-appropriate milestones
- Ensure the safety and well-being of each child along with treating all with dignity and respect
- Participate in all aspects of the classroom such as:
- Oversee and interact with children’s play
- Crafts, singing songs, and reading books
- Maintain a safe, healthy, and clean learning environment inside and outside of the classroom
- Maintain appropriate staff to child ratio, consult with the site manager when substitutes are needed, or children should be moved to other classrooms
- Accurately provide essential documentation such as meal sheets, daily sheets, accident reports, medication sheets, as well as communicate parent information daily via procare and in person
- Engage in parent communication such as:
- Warmly great each parent and child upon arrival and departure to each classroom
- Engage families in child’s well-being and daily activities
- Remain up to date on mandatory training hours
- All other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in childcare preferred
- General knowledge of children’s growth and development.
- Flexibility, reliability, and cooperative work habits.
- No substantiated history of child abuse of neglect.
- No history of a felony conviction on record within the past five years.
- No staff members name will appear on the sex offender’s registry
- Ability to see, speak, and hear
- Frequent standing and walking
- Frequent use of hands and arms
- Occasional lifting of 20 to 40 lbs.
- Occasional need to climb, balance, kneel or crouch
- Work is primarily performed in an indoor classroom environment. Occasional outdoor exposure when weather permits.
- Noise level is moderate to loud due to equipment and children.
- Routine exposure to household sanitization and cleaning chemicals
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.