Position Title: Front Desk Attendant
Status: Full-Time or Part-Time, Hourly
Reports To: Childcare Manager
Summary: The individual in this position is primarily responsible for the delivery of excellent customer service to all members, guests, and program participants of EmBe South. Front desk attendant(s) assist in staffing and managing EmBe’s childcare rooms and ratios from 3pm-6pm as directed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Ensure EmBe brand, mission, vision, and values are reflected in all interactions.
- Demonstrate and reinforce professionalism, appropriate language, take responsibility for actions, and mentor positive behaviors to all throughout the center.
- Responsible for coordinating information, communications, and administrative procedures for the EmBe front desk.
- Duties include record keeping, database maintenance, and general front-of-house communications.
- Responsible for assisting human resources with new hire paperwork and procedures.
- Answer and route incoming guests, telephone calls, and emails.
- Monitor all public entering the building.
- Learn and explain EmBe programs, policies, and procedures.
- Register customers and clients for programs according to procedure.
- Create and maintain all front desk forms.
- Ensures office supply inventory is stocked.
- Receive customer/client comments and direct them to the appropriate staff.
- Filing and scanning necessary information.
- Keep the front desk organized
- Tour new clients if managers are unavailable.
- Keep accurate enrollment files.
- Ability to work with youth and adult volunteers and staff
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma Preferred
- Previous customer service and/or administration experience preferred.
- Self-motivated team player, with ability to effectively work under stress of multi-tasking during busy work times.
- Model excellent oral and written communications, and teamwork skills.
- Proven ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Publisher, and Microsoft Access.
- No substantiated history of child abuse or neglect.
- No staff member or volunteer will have a felony conviction on record within the past five years.
- No staff members name will appear on the sex offenders’ registry
- Ability to see, speak, and hear
- Frequent standing and walking
- Frequent use of hands and arms
- Occasional lifting of 20 to 40 lbs.
- Occasional need to climb, balance, kneel or crouch
- Work is primarily performed in an indoor reception environment. Occasional outdoor exposure when weather permits.
- Noise level is moderate to loud due to equipment and children.
- Routine exposure to household sanitization and cleaning chemicals
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.