POSITION TITLE: Customer Experience (CX) Specialist
STATUS: Full-Time, Hourly
REPORTS TO: Customer Service and Account Coordinator
SUMMARY: The individual has a pleasant demeanor and professional appearance. In this role, the Customer Experience (CX) Specialist will be the first person that staff, clients, and visitors see as they enter our facilities, so it is essential to create a welcoming, friendly atmosphere. The individual in this position is primarily responsible for the delivery of excellent customer service to all members, guests, and program participants of EmBe of Sioux Falls.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Represent all EmBe programs and services with all members, guests and program participants. Exhibit in-depth knowledge of programs and activities to anticipate and answer members’, guest, and participant questions. Have fundamental knowledge of programs and registration/ scheduling/ dates/ pricing questions; Refer additional questions to the appropriate program lead for follow-up.
- Monitor and warmly greet all persons entering/leaving the building.
- Responsible for coordinating information, communications, and administrative procedures for the EmBe front desk.
- Answer and route incoming telephone calls in a friendly, professional manner.
- Manage the employee parking paperwork and assignments for offsite lots (church, bank).
- Serves as administrative assistant to program directors by supervising registrations and payments.
- Duties include daily cash receipt procedures, record keeping, data base maintenance, and general front-of-house communications.
- Place the monthly supply order and track by department and provide to Finance for billing purposes.
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries.
- Setup new employees and childcare parents in ProCare. Train new staff on ProCare.
- Manage Outlook calendar for group spaces such as conference rooms and gym
- Assist employees with projects such as copying, scanning, faxing, collating and laminating.
- Prepare packets for new hires, family tour packet, childcare room welcome packets, as needed.
- Create and maintain all front desk forms and supplies.
- Receive customer/client comments and direct them to the appropriate staff person.
- File paperwork in childcare files- follow-up on missing documentation.
- Conduct employee reference checks in 2-3 days of paperwork being received; follow up with hiring manager if no response.
- Serve as a backup to Childcare for ratio and assisting with children occasionally.
- Keep front desk organized and tidy.
- Deliver aquatics tours as needed.
- Complete aquatics towel laundering within shift.
- Complete weekly data entry into HelpLine Center Network of Care (HCNC). Assist Dress for Success, as needed.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Unequivocally high customer service with an emphasis on hospitality.
- Must have a willingness and desire to work with children and adults of all ages and backgrounds and have a commitment to the values of the EmBe mission statement.
- Previous customer service experience preferred. Person must be assertive, friendly and demonstrate energetic personality.
- Self-motivated team player, with ability to effectively multi-task with frequent interruptions.
- Model excellent oral and written communications, teamwork skills, and the EmBe Mission through cross-departmental work.
- Professional attitude and appearance. Privacy and confidentiality are of utmost importance in dealing with all information incoming and outgoing.
- Proven ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with proficiency with Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Thorough follow through and proactive communication to key stakeholders.
- Desire to work in the non-profit arena.
- Support all company policies, decisions, direction, and purpose.
- A background check is a condition of employment.