POSITION TITLE: Custodian
STATUS: Non-Exempt, Part Time
REPORTS TO: Facilities Director
SUMMARY: Maintains building cleanliness and appearance by performing custodial duties in all areas of EmBe Downtown. Monday – Friday 5am-10am or 5pm to 10 pm. Possible full time hours for right candidate. Ensure EmBe brand, mission, vision, and values are reflected in all interactions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Clean and sanitize bathrooms / locker rooms
- Vacuum, mop, scrub floors using industrial cleaners and machines
- Wax and polish floors using industrial floor machines
- Empty trash
- Clean/dust walls, light fixtures, stair railings
- Ability to follow cleaning schedule at assigned times
- Ability to work scheduled hours
- Previous custodial experience preferred
- General knowledge of cleaning techniques
- Knowledge of and experience with a variety of cleaning chemicals
- Knowledge of and experience with industrial cleaning equipment
- Effective oral communication skills
- Frequent standing and walking
- Frequent use of hands and arms
- Frequent pushing, pulling or lifting of up to 15 lbs.
- Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds
- Occasional need to climb, balance, kneel or crouch
- Frequent exposure to chemicals
- Occasionally works in outside weather conditions