Micki Lundin (Avera Health) and Mark Blackburn (Augustana University and Establishing Sustainable Connections) were the 49th Annual Tribute to Women emcees.
EmBe Announces the 49th Annual Tribute to Women Award Winners
Sioux Falls, SD (April 26, 2022) –Nine honorees were selected out of 63 nominations for the 49th Annual Tribute to Women Awards at the Sioux Falls Convention Center on April 21. As the longest-standing award ceremony honoring women in our region, the historic event honored the impact of women, men, and businesses in the Sioux Empire, and raised funds to sustain the mission of the century-old organization.
“Without our tradition of paying Tribute, we wouldn’t have the joy of knowing, celebrating, and amplifying the impact of these nominees and award winners,” Susanne Gale said. “What a joy it is to learn about all the incredible work happening in our community, and those making it happen. We’re grateful for the nominators and sponsors who made the celebration possible, and to our many stakeholders who are sustaining our mission as we enter the next 100 years of impact.”
Donations for the 49th Annual Tribute to Women Awards presented by Avera Health are still open. If you missed the event, you can still honor the impact of each nominee or a special person in your life and help sustain EmBe’s mission by donating here.
The nine award recipients join a list of 349 Tribute winners who have been recognized since the event’s inception in 1973.
The winners of the 49th Annual Tribute to Women Awards are:
- Banking & Finance: Kristina Schaefer, First Bank & Trust
- Business Achievement: Kristin Hoefert-Redlinger, Northwestern Mutual
- Community Service: Angela Schoffelman, Avera Health
- EmBeliever Award: Nancy Reynoza, ¿Que Pasa? Sioux Falls & Reynoza Real Estate
- Government & Law: Shannon Ausen, City of Sioux Falls
- Healthcare & STEM: Lora Black, Sanford Research
- Humanities & Education: Wendy Mamer, Augustana University
- Young Woman of Achievement: Shannon Huether, Central Payments
- Sylvia Henkin Mentoring Award: Dr. Nancy Free, Child’s Voice and Sanford Health
Find the full list of the nominees and their biographies here.
About EmBe: EmBe is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization on a mission to empower women and families to enrich lives. As the oldest and largest women’s organization in Sioux Falls, SD, EmBe has anticipated and served the needs of women and families since 1921. Now in its second century of supporting success at work, at home, and in life, EmBe programs serve over 12,500 individuals each year. Learn more at embe.org.