- This event has passed.
FLL State Championship
February 2, 2019
STEM goes Into Orbit
Come and Celebrate our FIRST LEGO League Season.
Cheer for the teams in the Robot Game or watch a Project Presentation.
FIRST LEGO League brings out the best in our youth and volunteers as they research and present their innovative solutions to real world problems as well as build a robot and compete in a robotics challenge. Students learn and practice teamwork and 21st Century Skills.
There are two classes of volunteers needed for FIRST LEGO League Events.
Day-Of Volunteers require little training in advance of the event.
- Information and Registration Desk – Helps teams check in in the morning and helps parents/grandparents find teams
- Volunteer Host – Helps volunteers get to where they are supposed to be in the morning, and helps with the volunteer break room
- Timer/Door Keeper for Judging Rooms – Helps keep the Judging rooms on time as well as monitor those allowed in Judging Rooms
- Master of Ceremonies/Announcer – helps keep the Robot Game moving and fun
- Hall Minder/ Traffic Control – Helps people find the correct place to be
- Practice Table Assistant –Helps make sure that the Practice Table use is fair
- Robot Check Table – Helps the teams be in the right place to keep the Robot Game moving
- Robot Game Timer – Helper to the Scorekeeper, and keeps the official time for the Robot Games
- Audio/Video and DJ – Helps the Scorekeeper, and keeps the Robot Game fun
These volunteers will require additional training in advance of the event.
- Judges for Core Values, Robot Design, and Project – Fills out a rubric on each team and helps with deliberations for awards
- Referees for the Robot Game – officiate the robot game, reports the score and resets the table after each run
- Scorekeeper – manages the Scorekeeping Software and posts the official score.