- This event has passed.
FLL State Championship
STEM goes Into Orbit
Come and Celebrate our FIRST LEGO League Season.
Cheer for the teams in the Robot Game or watch a Project Presentation.
FIRST LEGO League brings out the best in our youth and volunteers as they research and present their innovative solutions to real world problems as well as build a robot and compete in a robotics challenge. Students learn and practice teamwork and 21st Century Skills.
There are two classes of volunteers needed for FIRST LEGO League Events.
Day-Of Volunteers require little training in advance of the event.
- Information and Registration Desk – Helps teams check in in the morning and helps parents/grandparents find teams
- Volunteer Host – Helps volunteers get to where they are supposed to be in the morning, and helps with the volunteer break room
- Timer/Door Keeper for Judging Rooms – Helps keep the Judging rooms on time as well as monitor those allowed in Judging Rooms
- Master of Ceremonies/Announcer – helps keep the Robot Game moving and fun
- Hall Minder/ Traffic Control – Helps people find the correct place to be
- Practice Table Assistant –Helps make sure that the Practice Table use is fair
- Robot Check Table – Helps the teams be in the right place to keep the Robot Game moving
- Robot Game Timer – Helper to the Scorekeeper, and keeps the official time for the Robot Games
- Audio/Video and DJ – Helps the Scorekeeper, and keeps the Robot Game fun
These volunteers will require additional training in advance of the event.
- Judges for Core Values, Robot Design, and Project – Fills out a rubric on each team and helps with deliberations for awards
- Referees for the Robot Game – officiate the robot game, reports the score and resets the table after each run
- Scorekeeper – manages the Scorekeeping Software and posts the official score.