POSITION TITLE: The Teddy Bear Treasures Assistant
STATUS: Part time, Volunteer
REPORTS TO: Mitchell Childcare Director
Teddy Bear Treasures is every second, third, and fourth Wednesday of the month. The second and fourth Wednesdays from 8:30 am – 10:30 am. The third Wednesday is 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm.
SUMMARY:The Teddy Bear Treasures Assistant is responsible for the general management and supervision of the Teddy Bear Treasures room at the WIC office. This person works over at the WIC office helping individuals who are in need of baby items for their soon to be child or born child.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in the creation of a stimulating learning environment, including room arrangement, bulletin boards, seasonal decorations, etc.
- Accurately provide documentation (such as documentation of each person that attends on a daily basis)
- Maintain a safe, healthy and attractive learning environment inside the room.
- Participate in recommended professional development training opportunities
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude and consistently project a positive image of EmBe.
- Report suspected child abuse and neglect as required by law.
- Carry out other duties assigned by the PC and/or Site Director.
- Treat all clients with dignity and respect.
- Verbally greet each client, child and visitor upon arrival in the room
- Maintain confidentiality of client information.
- General knowledge of children’s growth and development.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to work with growth and developmental needs of unique client population.
- Flexibility, reliability and cooperative work habits.
- No substantiated history of child abuse of neglect.
- No staff member or volunteer will have a felony conviction on record within the past five years.
- No staff members name will appear on the sex offenders registry
- Ability to see, speak, and hear
- Frequent sitting and use of hands and fingers to handle, feel, or reach
- Frequent standing and walking
- Occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs.
- Occasional need to climb, balance, kneel or crouch
- Vision abilities include distance and close vision
- Work is performed in both indoor/outdoor environments.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.