The person in this position is responsible for assisting in all aspects of the nutrition program of EmBe Childcare Centers, including food preparation, serving, ordering and maintaining necessary supplies, delivering food to off-sites and classrooms, and cleanup. PRN 4-8 hours per day when needed-substitute kitchen assistant
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with food preparation.
- Assist with ordering and maintaining supplies.
- Assist with delivering meals.
- Serve meals and kitchen cleanup.
- Assist in any other task as directed.
- Teach children by modeling appropriate language and behavior.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Food service training and/or work experience
- Basic housekeeping skills
- Flexibility in work assignments and hours
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Minimum age of 18 years
- Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to drive a company vehicle
- No substantiated history of child abuse or neglect
- No staff member or volunteer will have a felony conviction on record within the past five years.
- No staff members name will appear on the sex offenders registry