SUMMARY: The substitute childcare teacher provides care and supervision to infants through school-age children while following all childcare center and state policies and procedures. The substitute creates and maintains a respectful culture that fosters safe and productive learning. This person works in a team atmosphere of mutual respect and cooperation with all staff.
Substitute teachers may work the days and hours that best fit their schedule and preferred childcare location or school-age care site. Our system is fully automated to enter the availability to work and you will automatically notify when an assignment is available. Successful candidates must have background check clearance and complete the certification/licensing requirements.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Play and interact with children as much as possible.
- Assist in carrying out planned lessons and activities.
- Assist with child’s development through an age-appropriate developmental checklist.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met and maintained in the classroom.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment, including maintaining hygiene and cleanliness standards of the classroom environment and for the children
- Ensure safety and security of children.
- Teach children by modeling appropriate language and behavior.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude.
- Report suspected child abuse and neglect as required by law.
- Maintain confidentiality of children and family information.
- Maintain flexibility to help maintain ratios beyond scheduled room or hours as assigned by Site Manager/Director. Flexibility in work assignments and facility schedule according to the needs of the facility.
- Experience working in a childcare center preferred
- General knowledge of understanding of child development
- Flexibility with schedule
- Ability to obtain CPR certification and First Aid training upon hire
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Flexibility, reliability, and cooperative work habits.
- Minimum age of 16 years.
- Must be able to clear a full background check
- No substantiated history of child abuse or neglect.
- No staff member will have a felony conviction on record within the past five years.
- No staff members name will appear on the sex offenders’ registry