The Spanish Immersion program is designed to provide pre-schoolers with an experience of immersion in the Spanish language and culture. The Lead Teacher is responsible for the administration and planning of classroom curriculum, supervision of Assistant Teachers, and parent communications in accordance with the Center’s philosophy and policies.
Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, 401k and others, childcare and program discounts, tuition reimbursement, employee referral bonus program, fitness membership, free parking and lunch.
Monday-Friday 8 am-5 pm
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Actively embrace a culture of empowerment and an attitude of honesty and mutual respect. Maintain professionalism, take responsibility for actions and mentor positive behaviors to assistant teachers, children, coworkers and customers.
- Implement a custom based Spanish Immersion curriculum which is geared toward Kindergarten readiness.
- Submit weekly written lesson plans to Site Director covering all areas of growth and development to meet the age-appropriate intellectual, social, emotional and physical needs of children.
- Provide opportunity and support for children to develop self-discipline.
- Assess child’s development through age appropriate developmental checklists.
- Create a stimulating learning environment, including room arrangement, bulletin boards, seasonal decorations, etc.
- Verbally greet parents/visitors and children upon arrival to the classroom.
- Insure parent information is communicated through parent conferences and daily verbal and written communication.
- Develop and communicate policies and procedures for the classroom/age group to each parent.
- Accurately provide documentation (such as meal sheets, daily sheets, accident reports, medication forms, etc.) as needed.
- Implement and reinforce positive guidance techniques.
- Teach children by modeling appropriate language and behavior.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Maintain a safe, healthy and attractive learning environment inside and outside the classroom.
- Bachelors’ degree in early childhood education or elementary education is required.
- Fluent in oral and written Spanish language. Knowledgeable of Spanish culture
- Must have the ability to teach preschool concepts to children in Spanish.
- In depth knowledge of early child growth and development principles.
Apply online www.embe.org