The Spanish Immersion program is designed to provide pre-schoolers with an experience of immersion in the Spanish language and culture. The Assistant Teacher is responsible for the general management and supervision of children in the classroom, in accordance with the Center’s philosophy and policies. This person works in a team atmosphere of mutual respect and cooperation with all staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Support custom based Spanish Immersion curriculum which is geared toward Kindergarten readiness.
- Assist in the creation of a stimulating learning environment, including room arrangement, bulletin boards, seasonal decorations, etc.
- Accurately provide documentation (such as meal sheets, daily sheets, accident reports, medication forms, etc.)
- Maintain a safe, healthy and attractive learning environment inside and outside the classroom.
- Participate in recommended professional development training opportunities and adhere to licensing standards.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude and consistently project a positive image of EmBe.
- Assists in providing opportunity and support for children to develop self-discipline.
- Assist PC with child’s development through age appropriate developmental checklist.
- Oversee and interact with children’s play.
- Reinforce positive guidance techniques.
- Experience working in a childcare center preferred. Bilingual is favorable.
- General knowledge of children’s growth and development.
- CPR and First Aid training.
- Ability to perform Assistant Teacher’s duties.
- Must be able to lift and comfort young children (weighing up to 40 lbs.) and get up and down from the floor with or without accommodations.
- Good written and oral communication skills.