EmBe in Mitchell is looking for seasonal help with our school-age care program. Seasonal help will work no school days, holiday breaks and can fill in as needed for vacation/sick days. There will be the opportunity to work full time starting in May.
SUMMARY: School-age care teachers look after grades k-5 before and after school. The SAC Site Assistant Teacher is responsible for the general management and supervision of children in the classroom, in accordance with the Center’s philosophy and policies. This person works in a team atmosphere of mutual respect and cooperation with all staff. Employees under the age of 18 must work under the direct constant supervision of an adult staff person. Must be 16 years of age.
Hours: Flexible schedule, mornings 6:00am-8:30am and afternoons 2:00pm-6:00pm, no school days are typically 7:20-6:00pm (we split the shift unless you want to work the full day).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Ensure EmBe brand, mission, vision, and values are reflected in all interactions.
- Reinforce and lead a culture of empowerment and continuous improvement. Mentor the attitude of honesty and mutual respect. Demonstrate professionalism, accountability, and personal responsibility to staff, children, and parents.
- Implement classroom curriculums, by following the guidance of your lead teacher. Work closely with students on activities provided, while setting an example of empowerment
- Help with daily duties of cleaning and arranging the program for care work closely with co-workers to be successful as a teacher and mentor.
- Assist with breakfast and/or snack
- Supervise playtime in the gym and outdoors
- Rotate play stations and follow a rotation schedule
- Must be 16 years of age
- Previous experience with school-age care preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be a professional, self-motivated, and self-directed individual
- Broad knowledge of community childcare programs desired
- No substantiated history of child abuse or neglect.
- No staff member or volunteer will have a felony conviction on record within the past five years.
- No staff members name will appear on the sex offenders’ registry