Looking for a strong, compassionate leader who wants to be empowered to continue building on the success of EmBe’s award-winning school age care program. You will have the opportunity to be mentored and challenged to reach your full leadership potential. If you are a self-starter, willing to make decisions, take responsibility and empower others to be their best – this job is for YOU. If you are flexible, organized, have positive communication skills, with great attention to detail and if you know how to play K’Nex – Apply at www.embe.org
Eligible for health and life insurance, additional dental, vision, Short term disability, childcare and program discounts, tuition reimbursement, employee referral bonuses, free GreatLIFE membership, 401k, vacation and a great schedule Monday-Friday with nights, weekends and holidays off.
- Oversee and monitor all aspects of site operations, ensuring adherence to all State and Federal licensing requirements and reporting, State and Federal nutritional requirements, and all EmBe policies.
- Provide professional support and guidance to all SAC employees, encouraging ownership and accountability in providing exceptional care.
- Develop and implement needs-based childcare curriculums with direction from the SAC Program Director. Includes age-appropriate fall and summer curriculum as well as activities and field trips for no-school days.
- Develop summer staff schedule, including arranging and managing field trips.
- Partner with training staff to facilitate in-service hours for staff.
- Organize site and classroom documentation, order and obtain supplies within budget.
- Work with SAC Program Director to facilitate site tours and answer questions.
- Assist sites to maintain required staffing levels, coordinating across multiple sites. Hold sites accountable for good planning of time off and other staff shifts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education, Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or related field. Two-year degree and 2-4 years’ experience considered.
- An accident-free driving record for transporting children to and from schools.
- Minimum of 2 years of previous management experience in an early childhood or off site locations with similar experience desired, 5 or more years preferred.
- Good understanding and expertise in licensing requirements, state regulations, etc.
- Teaching experience in an early childhood setting or similar experience
- Strong organizational skills, great customer service skills, detail-oriented, good at prioritization and follow-up
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be a professional, self-motivated, and self-directed individual able to function independently but also know when to ask questions or for help
- Flexible, enjoys working with children
- Computer skills and knowledge in Microsoft Office programs, ProCare or similar tool
- Broad knowledge of community child care programs
- No staff member will have a felony conviction on record within the past five years.