We have a School Age Care Assistant position available at the elementary schools. Apply at www.embe.org and indicate which schedule/location you are applying for:
- Monday through Friday 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm.Starting pay $12/hour depending on experience with NO weekends or nights!
You won’t be SORRY, when you join EmBe’s School Age Care program. We have a MONOPOLY on fun! Get paid to play and mentor elementary students with a variety of activities including STEAM, field trips, character building and independent, choice-based fun. We’re looking for flexible, dependable people, who will interact and be a positive influence with young children. If you like variety, you will never experience the same day twice. This is a great opportunity to share your creativity, work as a team and show initiative. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Assist with daily SAC curriculum and schedule at school site. Deliver high quality care and customer service.
- Regular attendance as scheduled
- Oversee and interact with children’s play.
- Reinforce positive guidance techniques.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of each child.
- Teach children by modeling appropriate language and behavior.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Verbally greet each parent, child and visitor upon arrival in the classroom, and communicate with parents about the child’s day.
- Maintain confidentiality of children and family information.
- Encourage parents to discuss concerns or issues with Site Coordinator.
- Experience working in a childcare center preferred
- General knowledge of children’s growth and development.
- CPR and First Aid training.
- Ability to perform Assistant Teacher’s duties.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Flexibility, reliability and cooperative work habits.
- No substantiated history of child abuse of neglect.
This is an excellent schedule and experience for high school and college students, and helps bolster your resume and wallet!