SUMMARY: The SAC Site Assistant Teacher is responsible for the general management and supervision of children in the classroom, in accordance with the Center’s philosophy and policies. This person works in a team atmosphere of mutual respect and cooperation with all staff. Employees under the age of 18 must work under the direct constant supervision of an adult staff person.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reinforce and lead a culture of empowerment and continuous improvement. Mentor the attitude of honesty and mutual respect. Demonstrate professionalism, accountability, and personal responsibility to staff, children and parents.
- Oversee daily classroom activities at multiple sites. Empower staff members to create an effective learning environment with high quality care and customer service.
- Ensure the implementation and management of all OST classroom curriculums.
- Manage programs to maintain maximum capacity and attain appropriate classroom ratios.
- Coordinate the EmBe transportation and vehicle usage for all EmBe programs, including OST, childcare, downtown programs, camps and scheduled maintenance.
- Coordinate vehicle safety efforts to insure that vehicle drivers receive appropriate orientation and training as it relates to driving company vehicles.
- Schedule staff; coordinate absences to maintain appropriate classroom ratios.
- Ensure consistent application of all EmBe policies and procedures.
- Previous management/teaching experience in an SAC setting or similar experience with school age children
- Strong organizational skills/ good details to oversee 8 teachers and kids on correct buses
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be a professional, self-motivated, and self-directed individual
- Computer skills and knowledge in Word, Excel and ProCare, desired
- Broad knowledge of community child care programs desired
- No felony conviction on record within the past five years.
- Ability to see, speak, and hear
- Frequent sitting and use of hands and fingers to handle, feel, or reach
- Frequent standing and walking
- Occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs.
- Occasional need to climb, balance, kneel or crouch
- Vision abilities include distance and close vision