SUMMARY: The SAC Site Assistant Teacher is responsible for the general management and supervision of children in the classroom, in accordance with the Center’s philosophy and policies. This person works in a team atmosphere of mutual respect and cooperation with all staff. Minimum age required 16. Monday-Friday 6 am-8am 3pm-6pm $200 Hiring Bonus
NEEDED: Freedom Elementary, Harrisburg SD 2:30 pm-6:00 pm
EmBe South, Sioux Falls SD 3:00 pm-6:00 pm
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Reinforce and lead a culture of empowerment and continuous improvement. Mentor the attitude of honesty and mutual respect. Demonstrate professionalism, accountability, and personal responsibility to staff, children and parents.
· Oversee daily classroom activities at multiple sites. Empower staff members to create an effective learning environment with high quality care and customer service.
· Ensure the implementation and management of all classroom curriculums.
· Ensure consistent application of all EmBe policies and procedures.
· Previous management/teaching experience in an SAC setting or similar experience with school age children
· Strong organizational skills/ good details to oversee kids
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Broad knowledge of community child care programs desired
· No felony conviction on record within the past five years.
· Ability to see, speak, and hear
· Frequent sitting and use of hands and fingers to handle, feel, or reach
· Frequent standing and walking
· Occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs.
· Occasional need to climb, balance, kneel or crouch
· Vision abilities include distance and close vision