SUMMARY: The SAC Site Assistant Teacher is responsible for the general management and supervision of children (1st-5th graders)for before and after school care. This person works in a team atmosphere of mutual respect and cooperation with all staff. Minimum age required 16.
NEEDED: Full time summer needs varybetween the hours of 6:30-5:30 Starting pay $12/hr with no nights, weekends or holidays
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Reinforce and lead a culture of empowerment and continuous improvement. Mentor the attitude of honesty and mutual respect. Demonstrate professionalism, accountability, and personal responsibility to staff, children and parents.
· Oversee daily classroom activities at school site. Engage kids in games, crafts, and recreation activities.
· Assist with implementing classroom curriculum as directed by Site Manager.
· Ensure consistent application of all EmBe policies and procedures.
· Previous experience in an SAC setting or similar experience working with school age children
· Strong organizational skills/ good details to oversee kids
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in talking with students and parents.
· Broad knowledge of community child care programs desired
· No felony conviction on record within the past five years.
· Ability to see, speak, and hear
· Frequent sitting and use of hands and fingers to handle, feel, or reach
· Frequent standing and walking
· Occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs.
· Occasional need to climb, balance, kneel or crouch
· Vision abilities include distance and close vision