SUMMARY: The Lead Teacher is responsible for the administration and planning of classroom curriculum, supervision of Assistant Teachers, and parent communications in accordance with the Center’s philosophy and policies. The Lead Teacher of our Kindercollege classroom is uniquely prepared to lead the children to learn a curriculum geared toward kindergarten readiness. We are seeking a dynamite teacher who combines the desire to lead a classroom of learners while incorporating social and emotional modeling and behaviors with the physical skills. Serve as the lead giving direction to classroom Assistant teachers who play a role in the child’s development.
Full-Time hours Monday – Friday. No nights, weekends, or holidays!
*** EmBe has many GREAT perks to offer such as a hiring bonus, discount on childcare, discount on programs, free parking, AND tuition reimbursement! Other AMAZING benefits include health, dental, vision, life insurance, AND 401k match! ***
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Ensure EmBe brand, mission, vision, and values are reflected in all interactions.
• Implement a custom based curriculum which is geared toward kindergarten readiness
• Submit weekly written lesson plans to Site Director covering all areas of growth and development to meet the age-appropriate intellectual, social, emotional, and physical needs of children.
• Participate in sensory activities, reading books, singing songs, and age-appropriate exercises
• Provide opportunity and support for children to develop self-discipline.
• Assess child’s development through age-appropriate developmental checklists.
• Create a stimulating learning environment, including room arrangement, bulletin boards, seasonal decorations, etc.
• Develop and communicate policies and procedures for the classroom/age group to each parent.
• Implement and reinforce positive guidance techniques.
• Teach children by modeling appropriate language and behavior.
• Participate in recommended professional development training opportunities and adhere to licensing standards.
- Bachelors’ degree in early childhood education or elementary education is preferred.
- In depth knowledge of early child growth and development principles.
- CPR and First Aid training.
- Ability to lift and comfort young children (weighing up to 40 lbs.).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- No staff members name will appear on the sex offenders’ registry