POSITION TITLE: Director of Curriculum & Licensing
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Childcare & SAC
SUMMARY: Responsible for the development and implementation of curriculum, classroom objectives and evaluations for EmBe’s Childcare Center, School Age Care Programs and teacher development. Provide training and supervision of Curriculum Coordinators by developing and enhancing the curriculum delivered. Assess the current curriculum and instruction methods and create a comprehensive curriculum and development plan. Provide constructive feedback on how teachers are implementing the materials and their effectiveness. Ensure that teachers and programs adhere to licensing requirements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Ensure EmBe brand, mission, vision, and values are reflected in all interactions.
- Model and reinforce our values of Empowering. Leading and Inspiring. Mentor the attitude of honesty and mutual respect. Demonstrate professionalism, accountability and personal responsibility to staff, children and parents/customers.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of curriculum implementation in the childcare classrooms at all childcare sites, ensuring quality delivery and mastery of teaching techniques.
- Establish curriculum objectives.
- Creates comprehensive child assessments and development milestones.
- Identifies and selects appropriate instructional materials aligned to content standards.
- Utilizes cognitive coaching to support staff growth in curriculum, instruction and assessment.
- Oversee the professional development including training and evaluating lead and specialty teachers.
- Provides coaching to improve the classroom instructional practice of the beginning teacher.
- Collaborates with lead teachers to self-assess and identify skills and needs for professional growth.
- Assists in developing a repertoire of teaching models, methodologies, strategies and techniques.
- Assists teachers in developing classroom management including routines and procedures.
- Coordinates induction requirements and provides continuous and regular support to teachers.
- Observes teachers and/or records teachers and provides feedback for their professional growth.
- Ensure student progress is evaluated regularly per curriculum and center guidelines. I.e., Twice minimum before each parent/teacher conference.
- Directs the activities, provides supervision and evaluates the curriculum coordinators in Childcare and SAC programs.
- Works with Executive Director of Childcare and SAC to develop Program budgets, ordering and planning.
- Administers and coordinates the Licensing requirements for childcare and school age care programming.
- Ensure compliance for health and safety regulatory requirements for childcare and before/after school programming.
- Partner with Site Managers and Childcare Executive Director to share feedback on staff performance as it relates to curriculum implementation, classroom outcomes and training requirements.
- Act as the content expert on the implementation, management and oversight of the Conscious Discipline program for Childcare and SAC EmBe-wide.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Elementary Education, Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 2+ years previous experience with curriculum development and delivery. Previous experience using the Creative Curriculum in an early childhood setting necessary
- Subject matter expert on Conscious Discipline program
- Ability to evaluate instructional programs and teaching effectiveness
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be a professional, self-motivated, and self-directed individual
- Computer skills and knowledge in Word, Excel and ProCare preferred
- Broad knowledge of community childcare programs and licensing requirements
- No staff member or volunteer will have a felony conviction on record within the past five years.