Position Title: Curriculum & Instructional Coach
Status: Full-Time, Hourly
Reports to: Director of Curriculum & Licensing
A qualified curriculum and instructional coach will be able to model and provide training on best practices related to instruction, lesson planning, lesson execution, and behavior management, and work as part of a team to develop/implement curriculum and assessment practices.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Ensure EmBe brand, mission, vision, and values are reflected in all interactions.
- Model and reinforce our values of Empowering, Leading, and Inspiring. Mentor the attitude of honesty and mutual respect. Demonstrate professionalism, accountability and personal responsibility to staff, children, and parents/customers.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with colleagues and teachers.
- Apply a variety of assessment tools and analyze student and teacher data.
- Create child evaluation processes and schedules to support child development and respond to children’s needs.
- Provide coaching and feedback to teachers through personalized instruction, collaboration, co-teaching, and demonstrating teaching practices.
- Adapt to schedules of teachers for observation and development.
- Coordinate, create, and/or facilitate professional development for all childcare and school age care staff.
- Evaluate existing curriculum and routines.
- Assist in creating EmBe specific curriculum.
- Create consistency in curriculum throughout the organization
- Develop age-appropriate curriculum from birth to elementary school.
- Align curriculum to South Dakota State Standards and/or national standards for early education.
- Manage and oversee implementation of EmBe curriculum and programming across all locations.
- Conduct regular audits for quality and consistency as part of a team.
- Collaborate with SAC and Childcare managers, Director of Curriculum and Licensing, to share feedback on staff as it relates to curriculum development and student outcomes.
- Conduct training audits to ensure compliance with annual trainings required by licensing.
- Collaborate with staff to make recommendations on the childcare environment and appropriate use of classroom budgets.
- Self-manage workload to balance working independently and as part of a team.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education required, Masters in curriculum, early childhood education, or related field preferred.
- Evidence of successful experience working with adult learners.
- Knowledge of Creative Curriculum or other early education curriculum.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of current early education research and resources.
- Evidence of ongoing professional learning and reflective practice to continuously improve adult learning and child learning.
- Mission driven.
- Experience with love and logic or other discipline approaches preferred.
- No staff member or volunteer will have a felony conviction on record within the past five years.
- Ability to see, speak, and
- Frequent standing and
- Frequent use of hands and
- Frequent lifting of up to 40
- Occasional need to climb, balance, kneel or crouch.
- Work is primarily performed in an indoor classroom Occasional outdoor exposure when weather permits.
- Regular travel between Sioux Falls Childcare centers and other geographies.
- Occasional exposure to household cleaning
- Work is primarily performed in an indoor office or classroom environment.
- Noise level is often loud.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.