POSITION TITLE: Connections Coordinator – School Age Care (SAC)
STATUS: Full Time
DEPARTMENT: School Age Care
REPORTS TO: SAC Manager
SUMMARY: The Connections Coordinator is responsible for creating a positive relationship between school district and after school program staff at a Sioux Falls school district elementary school. The Connections Coordinator serves as a resource and advocate for students during the school day into the transition to the school age care program. Connect students and their families to support and services available to them.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure EmBe brand, mission, vision, and values are reflected in all interactions.
• Work closely with school faculty and staff to determine students to receive support and what support and interventions they need during school day and out-of-school time hours.
• Provide regular support to students and families to improve attendance, meet basic student and family needs, provide social-emotional support, and connect the student to tutoring and other forms of academic assistance as needed.
• Coordinate services in response to student and family needs (individual and family); Ensure that our highest risk student population needs are addressed.
• Coordinate opportunities for program enhancements within the school age care and summer program.
• Oversee regular communication meetings between the school day and school age care staff.
• Identify and provide support for students needing additional academic assistance.
• Connect in meaningful ways with families through various means to ensure their voices are heard and needs are being identified and met.
• Lead or participate in family engagement events with the school and community partners.
• Coordinate educational opportunities for the family related to academics, basic life skills or other identified needs.
• Build strong relationships with school partners and diverse community stakeholders in an effort to identify opportunities for them to align services critical to school and community needs with student populations.
• Gather, analyze, and use data to inform decisions and keep meetings results-focused.
• Assist in the coordination of mentoring programs to enhance student outcomes.
• Set and work toward goals in collaboration with agency, school principal and other key stakeholders.
• Collaborate regularly with agency and school leadership and staff.
• Participate in agency, school, and community leadership teams/meetings.
• Provide collaborative and timely communication to appropriate partners.
• Complete and adhere to all required agency and state licensed trainings.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 1-3 years’ experience in school age care, education, social services, working with underserved populations or related field preferred.
• Bachelor’s or associate degree in early childhood education, elementary education or related field helpful but not required
• Ability to relate and interact with school faculty, partner agencies, students and their families, and the public in a positive manner.
• Ability to take initiative, and to think and work independently with high attention to detail.
• Knowledge and understanding of community resources preferred.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal communication must be a self-motivated and self-directed individual.
• Computer skills and knowledge in Word, Excel and ProCare desired.
• Broad knowledge of community school age care programs desired.
• No felony conviction on record within the past five years.
• Ability to see, speak, and hear.
• Frequent sitting and use of hands and fingers to handle, feel, or reach.
• Frequent standing and walking.
• Occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs.
• Occasional need to climb, balance, kneel or crouch.
• Vision abilities include distance and close vision.
• Work is performed indoors and outdoors depending on weather and planned activities.
• The noise level is routinely medium to loud.
• Occasional travel may cause exposure to hazardous driving and walking conditions.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Employee Signature Date