The EmBe South Childcare Site Manager is responsible for providing management, leadership and direction for EmBe childcare services at a designated site. Primary responsibilities include: overall daily management of the childcare site, leadership, supervision and development of childcare staff; policy administration, licensing regulation and legal compliance, plus curriculum management, along with parent communications and admissions. A passion for the mission of the organization is a key for success.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure EmBe brand, mission, vision, and values are reflected in all interactions.
- Provide professional leadership, support and guidance to all employees, encouraging ownership and accountability in all
- Manages and oversees the daily operations at the Empowers staff members to create an environment of high quality care and customer service.
- With guidance from the Director of Childcare Services, manage and monitor all aspects of site operations, ensuring adherence to all State and Federal licensing requirements and reporting, as well as adherence to all State and Federal nutritional requirements outlined by Child and Adult Nutrition Services.
- Together with the Director of Childcare Services and Curriculum Specialist, ensure the implementation and management of all childcare curriculums.
- Partner with Director of Childcare Services and other site managers to ensure best practices and consistency between locations.
- Manage programs to maintain maximum capacity and attain appropriate classroom ratios.
- Schedule staff; coordinate absences to maintain appropriate classroom ratios.
- Ensure consistent application of all EmBe policies and procedures
- Conduct annual performance evaluations for staff of 50+
- Communicate procedures for fire and weather related Conduct regular practice drills as required.
- Report any conditions that create an unsafe situation for staff or children following EmBe policy and licensing regulations.
- Conduct tours of the center for prospective Act as an advocate for services and promote enrollment.
- Guide parents through enrollment process, annual form updates; ensuring all childcare records are accurate and
- Address parental concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Contribute to quarterly parent newsletter and prepare parent communications.
- Maintain active involvement in EmBe activities as they relate to the bigger picture organization, i.e. fundraising events, staff development, programming opportunities.
- Take an active role in professional organizations and represent EmBe at Sioux Falls community
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Elementary Education, Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or related field
- Previous management experience in an early childhood setting or similar experience preferred
- Teaching experience in an early childhood setting or similar experience helpful.
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be a professional, self-motivated, and self-directed individual
- Computer skills and knowledge in Word, Excel and ProCare preferred
- Broad knowledge of community child care programs and licensing requirements
- Familiarity or knowledge of Summer Feeding Program
- No staff member or volunteer will have a felony conviction on record within the past five years.
Eligible for health, dental, vision, life and supplemental benefits, childcare and program discounts, tuition reimbursement, employee referral bonus program, free parking and lunch and 401K plan with company match.
Apply online at EmBe.org