Provide daily transportation of children to and from schools and field trips as directed. Responsible for overall maintenance and inspections of EmBe fleet of vans and the bus with oil changes and other repairs as needed.
- Under the direction of the School Age Director, follow the weekly transportation and field trip schedule.
- Keep lines of communication open with all childcare and SAC teachers regarding the transportation of scheduled field trips.
- Explain safety/evacuation procedures to children and teachers and assist children getting on and off bus.
- Inspect and ensure all carseats are secured for childcare field trips. (Placement of carseats will be determined by the Director of Childcare Services.)
- Prepare and implement the weekly needs of vehicle inspections on the bus and fleet of vans. Provide completed paperwork to the Director of Facilities every Monday by noon.
- Perform simple vehicle maintenance, such as filling gas tank, cleaning exterior and interior, taking vehicle for oil changes or state inspections, etc.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose vehicle problems that need attention. Approval from Director of Facilities is needed to authorize repairs.
- CDL License Required
- Excellent Driving Record observing speed limits and obeying road signs
- Passenger Endorsement
- Physical Evaluation
- Demonstrate knowledge of bus transportation and maintenance
- Excellent trouble shooting and diagnostic skills
- Ability to remain calm, positive and focused in a busy, distracting environment