Care for infants who are approximately 12-18 months, mobile, and eat finger foods. Responsible for all primary needs including feeding, diapering, playing, rest time, and enjoy adorable baby smiles! No nights, weekends, holidays.
We are currently offering a hiring bonus!
Full Time positions are eligible for benefits, childcare and program discounts, tuition reimbursement, employee referral bonus program, fitness membership, free parking and lunch, 401K match upon anniversary.
SUMMARY: The Assistant Teacher is responsible for the general management and supervision of children in the classroom, in accordance with the center’s philosophy and policies. This person works in a team atmosphere of mutual respect and cooperation with all staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
• Ensure EmBe brand, mission, vision, and values are reflected in all interactions.
• Assist in the creation of a stimulating learning environment, including room arrangement, bulletin boards, seasonal decorations, etc.
• Teach developmental milestones
• Promote independence
• Sing songs, participate in arts and crafts, story time, and sensory activities
• Teach gross and fine motor skills
• Accurately provide documentation (such as meal sheets, daily sheets, accident reports, medication forms, etc.)
• Maintain a safe, healthy, and attractive learning environment inside and outside the classroom.
• Participate in recommended professional development training opportunities and adhere to licensing standards.
• Report suspected child abuse and neglect as required by law.
• Experience working in a childcare center with babies preferred
• General knowledge of children’s growth and development.
• CPR and First Aid training.
• Ability to perform Assistant Teacher’s duties.
• Must be able to lift and comfort young children (weighing up to 40 lbs.) and get up and down from the floor with or without accommodations.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Must be able to work with growth and developmental needs of unique client population.
• Flexibility, reliability and cooperative work habits.
• Minimum age of 16 years.
• No substantiated history of child abuse of neglect.
• No staff member or volunteer will have a felony conviction on record within the past five years.
• No staff members name will appear on the sex offenders’ registry