SUMMARY: The Assistant Teacher is responsible for assisting the lead teacher in caring for infants ages 4 weeks to 6 months old. The assistant teacher will participate in diapering, feeding, crafts, and play time.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure EmBe brand, mission, vision, and values are reflected in all interactions.
- Demonstrate and reinforce professionalism, appropriate language, take responsibility for actions, and mentor positive behaviors to all throughout the center.
- Assist in implementing the curriculum/lesson plans developed by the lead teacher
- Assist the lead teacher with assessing a child’s development with age-appropriate milestones.
- Assist in the creation of a stimulating learning environment.
- Participate in all aspects of the classroom such as:
- Oversee and interact with children’s play
- Crafts, playing games, feeding, rocking, and diapering
- Accurately provide essential documentation such as meal sheets, daily sheets, accident reports, medication sheets, as well as communicate parent information daily via procare and in person.
- Maintain a safe, healthy, and clean learning environment inside and outside the classroom.
- Participate in recommended professional development training opportunities and adhere to licensing standards.
- Maintain appropriate staff to child ratio, consult with the site manager when substitutes are needed, or children should be moved to other classrooms.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of each child along with treating all with dignity and respect.
- Engage in parent communication such as:
- Warmly greet parents and children upon arrival and departure to each classroom
- Engage families in child’s well-being and daily activities
- Remain up to date on mandatory training hours.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in childcare preferred
- General knowledge of children’s growth and development.
- Flexibility, reliability, and cooperative work habits.
- No substantiated history of child abuse of neglect.
- No staff member or volunteer will have a felony conviction on record within the past five years.
- No staff members name will appear on the sex offenders’ registry
- Ability to see, speak, and hear
- Frequent standing and walking
- Frequent use of hands and arms
- Occasional lifting of 20 to 40 lbs.
- Occasional need to climb, balance, kneel or crouch
- Work is primarily performed in an indoor classroom environment. Occasional outdoor exposure when weather permits.
- Noise level is moderate to loud due to equipment and children.
- Routine exposure to household sanitization and cleaning chemicals
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.