POSITION TITLE: Assistant Teacher-Float/Closer
STATUS: Full Time or Part Time/Hourly
Employees are eligible for, childcare and program discounts, tuition reimbursement, employee referral bonus program, fitness membership, free parking and lunch, 401K upon anniversary.
SUMMARY: The Assistant Teacher-Float is responsible for the general management and supervision of children in the classroom, in accordance with the Center’s philosophy and policies. This person works in a team atmosphere of mutual respect and cooperation with all staff. Employees under the age of 18 must work under the direct constant supervision of an adult staff person. One will work in variety of classrooms to help cover breaks, vacations, and to close the room down.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Ensure EmBe brand, mission, vision, and values are reflected in all interactions.
- Assist in the creation of a stimulating learning environment, including room arrangement, bulletin boards, seasonal decorations, etc.
- Accurately provide documentation (such as meal sheets, daily sheets, accident reports, medication forms, etc.)
- Maintain a safe, healthy, and attractive learning environment inside and outside the classroom.
- Participate in recommended professional development training opportunities and adhere to licensing standards.
- Maintain appropriate staff to child ratio.
- Carry out other duties assigned by the lead teacher/site manager.
- Oversee and interact with children’s play.
- Reinforce positive guidance techniques.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of each child.
- Assist in other classrooms as assigned.
- Fluid schedule as assigned by Site Director. Flexibility in work assignments and facility schedule according to the needs of the facility.
- Verbally greet each parent, child, and visitor upon arrival in the classroom, and communicate with parents about the child’s day.
- Experience working in a childcare center preferred
- General knowledge of children’s growth and development.
- CPR and First Aid training.
- Ability to perform Assistant Teacher’s duties.
- Must be able to lift and comfort young children (weighing up to 40 lbs.) and get up and down from the floor with or without accommodations.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to work with growth and developmental needs of unique client population.
- Flexibility, reliability, and cooperative work habits.
- Minimum age of 16 years.
- No substantiated history of child abuse of neglect.
- No staff member or volunteer will have a felony conviction on record within the past five years.
- No staff members name will appear on the sex offender’s registry