POSITION TITLE: Assistant Teacher 2s
STATUS: Full Time
Make an impact in the lives of energetic 2 year olds! We have full time opportunities at EmBe Downtown Monday thru Friday. No nights, weekends, holidays. These full time positions are eligible for benefits such as health, dental and vision insurance, employee childcare and program discounts, tuition reimbursement, employee referral bonus program, free fitness membership, free parking and lunch; 401K .
$200 Hiring Bonus
SUMMARY: The Assistant Teacher is responsible for the general management and supervision of children in the classroom, in accordance with the Center’s philosophy and policies. This person works in a team atmosphere of mutual respect and cooperation with all staff. Employees under the age of 18 must work under the direct constant supervision of an adult staff person.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Assist in the creation of a stimulating learning environment, including room arrangement, bulletin boards, seasonal decorations, etc.
- Accurately provide documentation (such as meal sheets, daily sheets, accident reports, medication forms, etc.)
- Maintain a safe, healthy and attractive learning environment inside and outside the classroom.
- Participate in recommended professional development training opportunities and adhere to licensing standards.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude and consistently project a positive image of EmBe.
- Maintain appropriate staff to child ratio and consult with the PC and/or Site Director when substitutes are needed.
- Report suspected child abuse and neglect as required by law.
- Carry out other duties assigned by the PC and/or Site Director.
- Assist in carrying out curriculum/environmental plans developed by the PC.
- Assists in providing opportunity and support for children to develop self-discipline.
- Assist PC with child’s development through age appropriate developmental checklist.
- Oversee and interact with children’s play.
- Reinforce positive guidance techniques.
- Insure the safety and well-being of each child.
- Teach children by modeling appropriate language and behavior.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Experience working in a childcare center preferred
- General knowledge of children’s growth and development.
- CPR and First Aid training.
- Ability to perform Assistant Teacher’s duties.
- Must be able to lift and comfort young children (weighing up to 40 lbs.) and get up and down from the floor with or without accommodations.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to work with growth and developmental needs of unique client population.
- Flexibility, reliability and cooperative work habits.
- No substantiated history of child abuse of neglect.
- Volunteers used to fill staff member positions will meet the requirements for the position.
- No staff member or volunteer will have a felony conviction on record within the past five years.
- No staff members name will appear on the sex offenders registry