POSITION TITLE: Assistant Teacher- 2-year-old classroom
STATUS: Full Time
Make an impact in the lives of energetic 2-year-olds! Participate in play time, follow curriculum, help with feeding, and so much more! We have both full and part time opportunities at EmBe. Variable hours available between 6am – 6pm Monday through Friday. No nights, weekends, or holidays!
Hiring bonus offered!
Full Time positions are eligible for benefits, childcare and program discounts, tuition reimbursement, employee referral bonus program, fitness membership, free parking and lunch, and 401K match upon anniversary.
SUMMARY: The Assistant Teacher is responsible for the general management and supervision of children in the classroom, in accordance with the Center’s philosophy and policies. This person works in a team atmosphere of mutual respect and cooperation with all staff. Employees under the age of 18 must work under the direct constant supervision of an adult staff person.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
• Ensure EmBe brand, mission, vision, and values are reflected in all interactions.
• Assist in the creation of a stimulating learning environment, including room arrangement, bulletin boards, seasonal decorations, etc.
• Accurately provide documentation (such as meal sheets, daily sheets, accident reports, medication forms, etc.)
• Participate in crafts, reading books, singing songs, and so much more!
• Teach gross and fine motor skills
• Maintain a safe, healthy, and clean learning environment inside and outside the classroom. Follow cleaning guidelines according to EmBe checklist.
• Participate in recommended professional development training opportunities and adhere to licensing standards.
• Report suspected child abuse and neglect as required by law.
• Assist in carrying out curriculum/environmental plans developed by the Lead.
• Assists in providing opportunity and support for children to develop self-discipline.
• Oversee and interact with children’s play.
• Reinforce positive guidance techniques.
• Teach children by modeling appropriate language and behavior.
• Experience working in a childcare center preferred
• General knowledge of children’s growth and development.
• CPR and First Aid training.
• Ability to perform Assistant Teacher’s duties.
• Must be able to lift and comfort young children (weighing up to 40 lbs.) and get up and down from the floor with or without accommodations.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Must be able to work with growth and developmental needs of unique client population.
• Flexibility, reliability, and cooperative work habits.
• Minimum age of 16 years.
• No substantiated history of child abuse and neglect.
• No staff member or volunteer will have a felony conviction on record within the past five years.
• No staff members name will appear on the sex offenders’ registry