SUMMARY: The Accountant II prepares, reviews, analyzes, and reports on financial transactions and internal controls for the organization. This person works with confidential information, so a high degree of integrity is required for the position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure EmBe brand, mission, vision, and values are reflected in all interactions.
- Actively embrace a culture of empowerment and an attitude of honesty and mutual respect. Maintain professionalism, take responsibility for actions and mentor positive behaviors to both coworkers and external contacts.
- Coordinate month-end journal entries with finance and management team
- Review payroll batches and payroll tax reports; provide backup payroll processing
- Assist with annual audit preparation and inquiries
- Prepare, analyze and interpret internal and external financial reports
- Track and reconcile grant activity and expenditures
- Review and approve accounts payable batches; provide backup processing
- Guide operational directors and managers in budget planning
- Manage fixed assets and related depreciation entries
- Present financial results to administrators and senior leadership
- Lead general ledger reconciliations; take an active role in internal control management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Thorough understanding of GAAP; CPA designation (preferred but not required)
- Minimum 5 years of accounting experience; non-profit experience helpful
- Advanced Excel capabilities
- QuickBooks experience (preferred but not required)
- Experience working with outside auditors and regulatory examiners
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Detail orientation and strong organizational skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Professional demeanor and high standard for confidentiality
This full time position enjoys a robust benefits package and a team that welcomes you into a culture of respect, excellence and community focus so you can use your skills to help EmBe lead, empower and inspire.