Jump into a fun, structured environment filled with non-stop activities. From field trips to playing games on the floor, you will never experience the same day twice. We are looking for individuals who are energetic, creative, and willing to be silly! Interacting and engaging with our young learners is fun and required. A love of coloring is a bonus! Variable hours available, Monday through Friday. No nights, weekends, or holidays!
Full-Time positions are eligible for benefits, childcare and program discounts, tuition reimbursement, employee referral bonus program, fitness membership, free parking and lunch, and 401K match upon anniversary.
SUMMARY: The Assistant Preschool Teacher is responsible for the general management and supervision of children in the classroom, in accordance with the Center’s philosophy and policies. This person works in a team atmosphere of mutual respect and cooperation with all staff. Employees under the age of 18 must work under the direct constant supervision of an adult staff person.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Assist in the creation of a stimulating learning environment
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude and consistently project a positive image of EmBe.
- Participate in crafts, singing songs, and reading books!
- Teach gross and fine motor skills
- Assist in carrying out curriculum/environmental plans developed by the Lead.
- Assists in providing opportunity and support for children to develop self-discipline.
- Assist Lead with child’s development through an age-appropriate developmental checklist.
- Oversee and interact with children’s play.
- Reinforce positive guidance techniques. Teach children by modeling appropriate language and behavior.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of each child.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Maintain flexibility to help maintain ratios beyond scheduled room or hours as assigned by Site Manager/Director. Flexibility in work assignments and facility schedule according to the needs of the facility.
- Experience working in a childcare center preferred
- General knowledge of children’s growth and development.
- CPR and First Aid training.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Flexibility, reliability, and cooperative work habits.
- Minimum age of 18 years.
- No substantiated history of child abuse or neglect.
- No staff member will have a felony conviction on record within the past five years.
- No staff members name will appear on the sex offender’s registry