Mission & Vision
Molding future leaders
Girls on the Run
Girls on the Run is a non-profit international program that inspires girls to honor their bodies, celebrate their voices, embrace their gifts and activate their power!
We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running.
We envision a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams.
Girls on the Run honors its core values. We strive to:
- Recognize our power and responsibility to be intentional in our decision making
- Embrace our differences and find strength in our connectedness
- Express joy, optimism and gratitude through our words, thoughts and actions
- Nurture our physical, emotional and spiritual health
- Lead with an open heart and assume positive intent
- Stand up for ourselves and others
Girls on the Run is a 501(c)3 positive youth development program which combines an interactive curriculum and running to inspire self-respect and healthy lifestyles in pre-teen girls. Our core curriculum addresses many aspects of girls' development - their physical, emotional, mental and social well-being. Lessons provide girls with the tools to make positive decisions and to avoid risky adolescent behaviors.
The Girls on the Run program is based on activities that function specifically to enhance the learning process. Each meeting is structured as follows:
- Sessions begin with an introduction to the topic of the day
- A Getting on Board and Warm Up activity brings the girls focus on to the days topic
- The warm up is followed by a stretching routine that allows for a topic related question and answer time
- During the next Workout period, the girls participate in a variety of running activities that utilize a game or a team goal
- Afterwards, cool-down stretching is combined with a review and discussion of the days lesson that encourages participant questions
- Each session closes with positive words from the girls coach regarding individual and group behavior
- Some of our lesson topics include: Keeping Promises, Emotional Health, Cooperation, Listening, Gossiping, Bullying, Positivism, Good Sportsmanship, Learning About Community, Diversity, and Media Influence on Behavior