Bring Positive Coaching to Kids
You can be the leader who helps to transform youth by being a role model and positive coach. EmBe has a variety of areas for you to volunteer to make a difference. We are currently looking for coaches for Softball and Volleyball. For more information contact the program director at (605) 336-3660.
We need YOU to make our volleyball league a success. Volunteer to coach!
Fall/Winter Volleyball Coaches Needed
* One weekday night practice per week/ one game on Saturdays
Fall/Winter Youth Volleyball League Referees- Come out and blow the whistle!
* Flexible schedules- Saturday games available from October 1 through December 10, 2013
Click here for volunteer application
Girls on the Run/Girls on Track Seeks Women Coaches
Girls on the Run (3rd-5th grade, ages 8-11) and Girls on Track (6th-8th grade, ages 12-14) are interactive programs that strive to educate and prepare girls for a lifetime of self-respect and healthy living. Volunteer coaches need not be runners; they just need to be women that want to be a positive influence and who are committed to developing and celebrating our youth.
After School Program:
- 10 week seasons – fall and spring
- Meets after school twice a week for 1.25 hours
- Two coaches work together for each session
- Three to five coaches per school allows schedule flexibility
- Running experience NOT required
- Women 18 and older welcome
- FREE 3-month EmBe Fitness and swim membership
- Flexible schedule based on your availability
- New coach training provided
- CPR certification provided
Our approach encompasses a researched character development curriculum. The program is broken down into three parts:
- Getting to know yourself. Topics include values, goals, respect, healthy physical and emotional habits and positive behaviors.
- Being part of a team. Topics include cooperation, listening skills, gossiping, bullying, and standing up for yourself.
- Being part of a community. Topics include media influence and peer pressure. To emphasize how they can make a positive effect the girls design and complete their own community project to benefit a person or group in the local community.
Each season ends with a non-competitive 5k run/walk which gives the girls a chance to shine and a sense of accomplishment.