Their investment changes lives.
The EmBe vision encompasses collaboration and partnerships as a vehicle to enhance the programs and services our organization provides to the Sioux Falls community. As a supporter of EmBe programs and services, these relationships help to ensure:
- Women are able to choose a career outside the home because her children have safe, quality childcare in her absence
- Girls are taught leadership skills to carry with them into adulthood
- Learning skill enhancing and fun programs are available to kids throughout the year (i.e. volleyball league, soccer league, summer camps, babysitting camps)
- Programs are offered on “no school” days allowing parents to maintain a full work day if desired
- Health and wellness services can be expanded to those that cannot afford the services and to entire families
Avera McKennanIn December of 2006, the EmBe partnered with Avera McKennan via a naming gift and became EmBe Avera.
With a share vision, this partnership provides great opportunity in program development and marketing strategy between the two organizations to truly impact the community.
United WayEight percent of the EmBe total budget comes from United Way contributions. Below are EmBe programs that are partially funded by United Way gifts:
- Adult Fitness: we offer and adult exercise program that is available for everyone
- Aquatics: we teach children and adults to swim and to learn important water safety procedures
- Childcare: we give families safe, affordable childcare services focused on child development
- Girls on the Run/Girls on Track: we educate and prepare girls for a lifetime of self-respect and healthy living.
- Youth Recreation: we develop important mobility, flexibility and balance skills through recreational activities for all children
Thank you to the community of Sioux Falls who help support EmBe through their United Way gift.
EmBe Fitness and Aquatics - State-of-the-art fitness space puts the focus on playing together. EmBe has expanded the focus of building healthy habits. In December of 2013, EmBe partnered with GreatLIFE. Through the partnership, EmBe’s multiphase renovation began with an expanded space for fitness and new Precor equipment, but will also include new men’s and women’s locker rooms and a whole new interior look that reflects the energy of its members. This new venture is a fusion of family golf, fitness and recreation that offers an unprecedented value and an opportunity to get together, have fun and get fit – all at a family-friendly price.